Fire Plan Review
Fire Safety Plans are complex, and creating them requires a great deal of expertise and practice. In many organizations a safety officer (sometimes a volunteer), is assigned the responsibility of creating such a plan to protect all of the occupants and staff in a building from disaster.
Often, it is not clear if the fire safety plan will meet all of the fire code requirements. Many fire departments do not offer a plan review, and building owners sometimes fear that such a review will open them to large obligations to change their plan.
One of our certified fire inspectors will review your plan and send you a report on its deficiencies. We will also provide an official opinion and endorsement if we feel the plan meets the fire code requirements.
If we do not endorse your plan and you hire us to improve it, the review is credited towards your plan!
The fee for this service depends on the complexity of the document, but ranges from $200-$300.
What is required?
Please include as much of the following information as possible (all items are required as part of a fire safety plan):
- Emergency procedures in case of a fire
- Description of building life safety systems (fire alarm, sprinkler/standpipe, fire pump, fire fighter elevators, emergency generator, fire extinguishers, etc.)
- Maintenance procedures and schedule for life safety systems
- Building floor plans with locations of life safety systems indicated
- Fire drill procedures
The City of Winnipeg has a good overview of the types of items that should be present in a fire safety plan here
. These guidelines do not reflect the 2010 changes to the National Fire Code. These are general guidelines
. We will evaluate your plan compared to the specific requirements for your provincial fire code and local bylaws
There are many ways to get us started on a fire plan review.
- Use the file upload form below.
- E-mail a copy of your plan to
. If your plan is too large to e-mail we can help you easily upload it to our server.
- Ship your existing plan to our address:
Fire Plan Strategies
Unit 16 - 1110 Henderson Highway
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
- Fax the plan to 1-877-837-8942